Hello

Marilyn1951
Marilyn1951 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi just been diagnosed with advanced OA in lumbar and advised I need a spinal fusion. Really wasn’t prepared for that just thought I had sciatica so didn’t ask any questions just said I would think about it as seemed extreme. Also told spine unstable which means it moves too much. Really confused about what to do. Any advice welcome

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211

Hi @Marilyn1951 firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have been diagnosed with advanced Osteoarthritis and it has been recommended that you require a spinal fusion. I realise such a diagnosis can be a scary time but want to reassure you that you are not alone.

The site is full of information and conversations so I wanted to signpost you to some that you may find useful. First of all a link to information related to OA of the spine and secondly a old conversation around spinal fusion and people's experiences.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks

Joe