Use of Ceramic Magnets for Pain Relief in Hip Joints - Any thoughts or opinions welcome

Options

Hi everyone. I have severe osteoarthritis in my right hip. I'm unable to take anti-inflammatory medication due to sensitivity and was also denied a cortisone injection. I can only take Co-codamol tablets for the pain which barely takes the edge off. Having been in constant pain for the last 14 months I'm practically willing to give anything (within reason) a try.

A friend recently recommended Vitabiotics Jointace Active Magnets. She swears by them for osteoarthritis in her hip. They come in a pack of magnetic plasters and it is claimed that these bio-magnets emit a safe magnetic field that penetrates to the desired area.

Normally sceptical about such things, I tried them a couple of times. They can be worn for up to 12 hours at a time. To be honest I didn't notice any difference on the days that I wore them.....but on both occasions did see a marked improvement the following day! Not sure if this was a placebo effect, coincidence or whether they actually worked?!

Just interested if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this alternative pain relief.

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I have tried magnets and got no positive relief whatsoever but a severe rash developed so I stopped using them immediately.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options

I wish! But suck it and see. If it works for you all to the good. But I'd put more faith in exercises.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • C1955J
    C1955J Member Posts: 20
    Options

Thank you Mike1 & stickywicket for your responses.

I was a little dubious about them......and wasn't going to use them over and above exercises, only in addition to.

Also, being prone to allergies and side effects, I really don't want a severe rash to add to my joint pain.