Hello !

Options
PaG
PaG Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Fifteen years ago I had a hip replacement and gained help from Arthritis Care as it was known then. I now have osteoarthritis in my finger joints and am crippled with it in my knees. I have been referred for a knee replacement . Looking today on the web site I see psoriatic arthritis which I have never heard of until now, I have Scleroderma and had lots of treatment for it when it was first diagnosed BUT no one medically has ever mentioned that Scleroderma & Osteoarthritis are linked !

Can any one give me any information on this please.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 4. Sep 2021, 21:13
    Options

Hi @PaG

Welcome to the online community good to see you posting.

You say that you have Scleroderma and want to know if it is linked to Osteoarthritis.

This is a link on Scleroderma hopefully it will help you.

Systemic sclerosis | Scleroderma | Versus Arthritis

Here is a link on Psoriatic Arthritis

Psoriatic arthritis | Psoriatic arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

Hope this answers your enquiry.Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do pop into our forums and chat to others.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• PaG
    Options

Thank you Christine, I will check the link and come back to you. Many thanks

Pat

• PaG
    Options

Thank you again Christine,

I was diagnosed with Scleroderma (Morphoea) in 2014. It mainly effected my skin.

No one ever connected it to the Osteoarthritis which I had been diagnosed with previously in 2006 and had a hip replacement.

Now having read all this I will take it up with my GP when I next speak to him as the osteoarthritis is now very bad in my finger joints and my knees. I have been referred to have knee replacement surgery but now knowing about the connection with Scleroderma I will discuss it with a Consultant when ever I get to see one,

many thanks again

Pat

• Daisy123
    Daisy123 Member Posts: 4
    edited 6. Sep 2021, 11:08
    Options

Hi @PaG

If you have osteoarthritis, this is not linked to your psoriasis, this is the relevant sentence from the link ChrisR gave you

People with psoriasis are as likely as anyone else to get other types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. These conditions are not linked to psoriasis.

If you had psoriatic arthritis you would have been given disease modifying drugs. It's still good to chat to your GP though, ruling it out will be a relief and if it is then treatment should start quickly.

Take care

Daisy123