Hello

Options
SanC
SanC Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi! My name is Sandra. I am 65 years old. About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis. In March 2020 I was also diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both feet. Both conditions developed very suddenly. In May 2021 the arthritis became particularly painful with both feet swelling so much I was unable to wear shoes and could hardly walk anyway. After some time I was fortunate to have a face to face consultation with a GP who prescribed Naproxen and recommended exercises from the Versus Arthritis website. The swelling and pain has subsided and I am beginning to take longer walks. The end of lockdown and being double jabbed has also allowed me to swim again. I am interested to learn from the experience of others and would welcome any advice from anyone with arthritis of the feet and especially anyone who also has plantar fasciitis as the recommendations for each condition often conflict! Many thanks for reading this. Sandra

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 4. Sep 2021, 21:43
    Options

Hi @SanC

Welcome to the online community good to see you

You mentioned you have plantar Fasciitis and osteoarthritis in both feet and would like to see some Arthritis Exercises

Plantar fasciitis exercise sheet. (versusarthritis.org)

Exercising with arthritis | Top tips, specific exercises (versusarthritis.org)

Hope these are what you are looking for.Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do talk to others on our forums,people who have various forms of arthritis and will understand what you are going through.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• SanC
    SanC Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Christine

Thank you for your response and for the exercises. I shall definitely be using the forums and look forward to communicating with other people who are having similar experiences to me.

Best wishes.

Sandra