New (sort of) diagnosis ☹️

Options
Nicemonkey
Nicemonkey Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi.. just wanted to say hello and explore things here a little..

my consultant gave me the news today that I’m likely in the early stages of RA, pending some X-rays and more bloods. Initial results are apparently pretty certain though.

i’m 42 and really worried. Ive been getting unexplained pain and soreness in the base of my feet, especially in the mornings. I thought it was my footwear..!

as soon as they suggested RA, I started googling as everyone does, and sure enough I’ve been able to explain away now a few other symptoms to RA, that i’d previously disregarded as just getting older.

I’m hoping there’s treatment for me, my career depends on my fitness and I’ve been properly down about this for a while now

can anyone signpost me towards the go to app for any record keeping, or condition management? I’m an app geek and like to keep track of things. Pain might as well be one of them now 😂

in any case, good to know this site is here

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Welcome @Nicemonkey to the online community,

I am glad you found us amongst all of your internet searches. We aim to support each other with information, advice and ways of coping when we have good and not so good days. I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful

The tracker app was originally designed by and for young people but many of us in the older age bracket have found it a useful tool.

You mention that you have to be fit for your work and certainly all of us living with arthritis of any type are encouraged to exercise within our capabilities to maintain flexibility, balance and importantly well being. There are information pages on exercise, depression, even feet and shoes so do browse round the forums.

When newly diagnosed we all take time to adjust to dealing with the challenges ahead, so take your time to absorb all the information that you have highlighted and get back to us with any concerns that you flag up. If you want to talk to someone the Helpline is open Monday - Friday 9.00 - 6.00 08005200520.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Nicemonkey
    Nicemonkey Member Posts: 8
    Options

Poppyjane thankyou, there’s lots of stuff there for me to consider. I’ll have a look at the app thankyou.

it’s all come as a bit of a shock, so at the moment I’m just reading and researching things