Apremilast

ELEPHANT55
ELEPHANT55 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi my name is Debbie and I have just started on the above medication after going through endless dmards with no luck and yesterday was one of the worst days ever. I suffered with migraines sore throat cold symptoms and very oddly a sore mouth. I did look this up and an other symptom of my sporadic arthritis is mouth ulcers does anyone else on here take the medication and how is it for them. Thanks

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Welcome @ELEPHANT55 to the online community,

I see that you have been struggling with the side effects of Apremilast having been previously prescribed a number of other DMARDS which did not suit you. I attach a link which I hope will be useful

I am not a medical person and would advise you to check out any medication with your GP and pharmacist, I do however suffer with a sore mouth whilst taking methotrexate and was advised to take folic acid each day except for the day of taking the mtx pills.

I hope that there are other members of the community who take Apremilast and can share their experiences of this particular drug with you. Meanwhile I hope that you are feeling better today and can browse round the forums for information , support and possible alternative ways of coping whilst living with arthritis,

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.