Rocker shoes... advice needed

Hi all

I have a very active job which requires alot of walking and driving.

My consultant has suggested I get rocker shoes to try and combat the pain I have from my osteoarthritis in my toes. He said I need trainers which are cut away underneath the front, but that also are hard and enclosed across the toe, in order to restrict the movement of my toes.

I have really struggled to find trainers that fit this description. I can find the cut away at the front, but every single pair have a mesh topping which wouldn't restrict toe movement.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am also on a very tight budget- I really can't spend more than £50.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks



  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

    Ask your GP for a referral to a Podiatrist - in some cases you can self-refer, check on your local NHS website - they will be able to advise on footwear and, in some cases, can prescribe them so there will be no cost.