I'm new to the group.

Options
Dino
Dino Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

I have been diagnosed with moderate to severe osteoarthritis in my lower back and left hip. Mild in my right hip. Severe in my left foot. I also have it in both hands.

I would like to hear about how others manage to live with their condition and learn everything I can about coping strategies.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @Dino

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

Is see that you’ve been diagnosed with OA and hope that joining the forum will give you some insight into how others cope with such symptoms.

If you haven’t already visited our website then you’ll find a wealth of information to help you manage your condition. Here are a couple of links that you may find useful:

This links will give takes you to a page that has information on OA of the back, hip, feet and hands:

I suggest that you participate in as many different forum discussions as you can in order to receive the maximum feedback from other members. I’m sure that you’ll find joining the forum very helpful and informative.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi Dino,

I’m like you and I’m afraid I’ve not yet found a coping strategy but acceptance of it helped pain clinic helped too but I’m learning to adapt lifestyle to osteo I’m not thrilled giving up things I enjoy In fact I’m angry but I’m sure the lovely people here will advise you better I’m relatively still a novice some here have had to deal with it a long time all I can wish you is good luck and be kind to yourself

Jona 😊