Updates to the Online Community
We have now completed the update to the Online Community. This is changing the look of the forums to a "list view" to make finding where to post an easier task.

Feedback welcome

Is it just a flare up?

I have rheumatoid arthritis. It’s generally in my hands and elbows however it seems to move around. For the last week I hurt absolutely everywhere, even my ears (dramatic!!) it feels like the start of the flu… but I know it’s not. My legs, neck and arms all ache snd sleeping is a nightmare. I haven’t spoken to my rheumatology team as they will just tell me to take painkillers.

does anyone else get flare ups that feel like this? Or is this something else?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,639

I think it all depends on your inflammatory levels. If your recent blood tests are OK then it's almost certainly not a flare.

Try your GP.

Ears??? 😉

• Thanks :-). I just checked my most recent blood test results and my inflammation levels are higher than normal. I’ve never checked before!! Only my liver. Thanks for the advice x

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,639

In the bad old days, if I had any infection - cold, bug etc - that raised my temperature it could set my joints off. If you're worried you should get proper medical advice, though.

• Turns out I have tonsillitis so I’m guessing that’s not helping things.

ive been given a steroid injection for the arthritis and antibiotics for the tonsillitis.

I feel NO better. I’m now off work and it’s an absolute mess

Who's Online

2 Guests