New to site
I was diagnosed with Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis 11 years ago, and then also with Psoriatic Arthritis some 4 years later.
I have tried many medications over the years, and for the last 2 have been taking Baricinitib which works quite well for me, however, to keep the inflammation under control I take a maintenance dose of Prednisolone daily.
Last month following several weeks of feeling generally unwell I had a blood test, this showed very low levels of Cortisol, I was told to go directly to A&E and I was subsequently admitted. I am still undergoing tests but the hospital have said they believe I have secondary adrenal insufficiency, caused by long term steroid use.
I am eager to hear from anyone who may have a similar experience.
- 8.1K All Categories
- 908 Welcome
- 4K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 17 Feedback and ideas
- 39.4K Our Community
- 2.7K Living with arthritis
- 579 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 185 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- 2 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 28 My Triumphs
- 112 Let's Move
- 6 Sports and Hobbies
- 249 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 499 Chat and News
- 27 Val's Cafe
- 234 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe