Hello-new to this site

Options
rhintz57
rhintz57 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

New to the idea of ankle replacement and thumb surgery. Trying to find out if either or both have good outcomes.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 797
    edited 1. Oct 2021, 21:19
    Options

Hi @rhintz57

Welcome to the online community,its great you have posted and are asking questions about ankle replacement and thumb surgery and the outcome of such surgery

This is a link to a discussion on this forum on ankle replacement.

This is a link about surgerys.

Hope these links help you.Please let us know how you get on and do chat on our forums to others, all of which have some form of Arthritis so really understand what you are going through.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Well people on here have had both over the years @rhintz57

So you have come to the right place. Come along in and join us all😊

• rhintz57
    rhintz57 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Greetings!! Finally found my way back here. Having thumb surgery next week, not sure if fusion or tethering or a combination-surgeon will decide. For the last 2-3 months I’ve been wearing a hard plastic splint that is removable. I rarely take it off. Love it. It prevents my thumb movement across my palm and that limited mobility has greatly reduced the inflammation and pain, while allowing complete motion of fingers and wrist. An OT made it in her office and velcro closure. Not sure if she invented it or if others are familiar. Finger and upper arm get fatigued, I think because my movements aren’t normal. Hope this helps someone. 👩🏼‍💻