Hand pain

Options
MattBen123
MattBen123 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

I have multiple joint pains….that was my diagnosis in June 2020. I am in terrible pain and the worse pain has been my feet for months. Now my hands are my worse pain even tho everywhere else hurts too. The only meds I am on are paracetamol and Voltarol cream. Getting to see a GP or consultant is a no no. I have just asked for my bloods to be done again as they haven’t been done since June 2020. I feel like I’m all on my own with this pain and that there is no help available. I was told in Jan 2020 that I was just having a flare and it would pass. A flare of what and I’m still waiting …….

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hi @MattBen123 , welcome back to the online community.

I am sorry to learn that you are still in terrible pain that as well as your feet it is now affecting your hands. There is another cream called capsaicin which is made from chilli peppers and it might be an alternative to voltarol, though do apply it with caution

When you discuss your blood results is it worth asking the GP to prescribe stronger pain killers ? Explain the dilemma you find yourself in - a flare up? Is it Osteoarthritis? or Rheumatoid arthritis ?. What can the doctor suggest that will reduce your level of pain. I attach this link which includes further information

Don't feel that you are on your own trying to cope with your pain. Many members live with constant pain and their discussions and support offer a range of different ways to handle it. Some like heat, some go for cold so keep browsing the community and learn from their experiences. Let us know what works for you.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.