Hello

Options
Honor123
Honor123 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I’m so glad I have found this group I’m 62 years old and I was diagnosed with RA in June of this year (before that since January 2020 I was being treated for PMR and was on prednisone ) I have been off work since June and I was prescribed prednisone and methotrexate but had to stop methotrexate as it made me feel soo sick so I have been on Leflunomide 10mgs since 2nd September

My pains are horrible especially my knees and my mood is soo low as I’m always used to working night duty always “on the go” and really no motivation for anything ( don’t even want to meet any work colleagues etc) Sorry about such a long post with me moaning Just wondering if anyone else feels like this. TIA 😘😘

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hallo @Honor123 and welcome to the online community, we are glad you found us.

I see that you have been diagnosed with RA and have been prescribed different treatments. Now you are taking Leflunomide which hopefully will agree with you better than MTX did. The adjustment to life with arthritis can take some time and many of us who have been always "on the go " find the fatigue and lack of motivation in addition to the pain takes a lot of getting used to. So don't worry about having a moan, this is a safe place to have a moan , a rant , a cry. The community will be here to support you .

I attach a few links which I hope you will find helpful

Trying to exercise joints that give you pain seems a strange suggestion but start slowly and build up to a point that suits you and gradually this achievement will not only help keep your joints from stiffening up but will lift your spirits as well. The discussions and activities on the community offer a range of support where members share their experiences and feelings. So don't feel that you are on your own. Join in and you will be surprised what you learn.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Honor123
    Honor123 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you Poppyjane 😘😘😘