Septic arthritis

Options
JanSA
JanSA Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi my name is Jan and had septic arthritis in my knee. It’s left me with nerve damage in my foot and unable to walk without crutches. I’m devastated. Any tips for best therapies to help. Thanks Jan

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hi @JanSA and a warm welcome to the online community,

You've been diagnosed with septic arthritis which has left you with nerve damage in your foot and unable to walk without crutches. You're looking for tips on therapies to help.

It is very natural for you to feel devastated after your diagnosis. It sounds as though it all happened very quickly and it's such a lot to take in. You've come to the right place though - our members are really supportive and friendly and I'm sure will be along to share with you the benefit of their experiences.

Additionally, the Versus Arthritis website contains a useful information page about septic arthritis. At the end it gives some suggestions about how to self-manage your condition, alleviate the pain and keep mobile. You might like to take a look:

It's always worthwhile talking to your GP or Rheumatologist about your concerns. They may be able to refer you to physiotherapy or a pain clinic.

Do let us know how you're getting on,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm