Rash from medication

Options

Hi just started medication and got rash from it how long does it take for the rash to calm down????

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @Vickiec41 - welcome to the online community!

I'm not sure what medication you're taking, but generally speaking if you get a rash from taking oral medication you need to go back to your GP straight away. If you have got a rash from an injection, and it's localised to solely the injection site, it could be normal and go away fairly quickly, but should definitely still be mentioned to your GP. This is one of the side effects you should always mention to your doctor as soon as possible.

I'm assuming you've recently been diagnosed, so I've put a link below to our page of general information. If you wanted to share what medication or diagnosis you have I could find you more detailed information which might help you.

Do have a look around the rest of the community and feel welcome to join in any discussions which might interest you. We do have a search function (the magnifying glass at the top of the page) where you could put your medication in to see if anyone else has talked about the same issue you're having.

It's lovely to meet you!

Shell