Critical Illness/Life Insurance cover

Options

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has managed to get any of the above?

On medications including humira but symptoms of RA well controlled, however have been advised by a broker that this will be uninsurable.

Wondered if anybody has any experience or any companies who offered insurance?

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 15. Oct 2021, 13:26
    Options

hi@Amy1234

Welcome to the online community,glad to see you posting.You ask about insurance for critical care.

I hope this link helps you.

Chatting on our forum is helpful you may get some more links or good advice.Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Trisk
    Trisk Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hello all!!

I’m new here and I was looking for similar informations about critical illness and income protection cover. The old thread about it doesn’t have many replies.

I would like to know if anyone actually managed to get an insurance cover while taking methotrexate.

I’ve been told that as long as I’m on methotrexate or any other immunosuppressant I can’t get an income protection cover or critical illness cover.

I’ve been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis 1 year ago and I’m trying methotrexate, that for now has not worked so I’ll probably change therapy soon. Of course I’m thinking about getting an insurance for any new issues I might have in the future.

Thank you for the help!