Anti inflammatory diet?

Options

Hi hello ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Im just at the start of coming out of an absolute beast of a flare up so obviously now fully in the zone to sort out everything in my life to try and stay better.

Anti Inflammatory diet? Worth trying? Does anyone have any book recommendations?

If I dont ask here then I will end up scrolling through stuff for hours and convince myself I have something else

Thank you x

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @RavenHairedPixie

I've got some information which may be of interest to you here - I'm sure our other members may also have some thoughts as well!

I hope this helps!

Shell

• SashaJS
    SashaJS Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hello,

Iโ€™m glad you asked this, i was just about to ask. I had a flare in July followed by a double arthroscopy in October and am now in a place to try anything that might help get it all under control!

cheers

Sasha

• Bruzer
    Bruzer Member Posts: 4
    Options

Good luck, I've not found anything that works. Plus there's a lot of contradictory information.

• Axe09
    Axe09 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Hi, take a loo at this, it may help ๐Ÿ™‚ Also see here: https://drjockers.com/category/autoimmune/

• Axe09
    Axe09 Member Posts: 14
    Options

oops, I meant take a 'look'

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 444
    Options

I found this on smoothie shred, which strives for anti inflammstory food

Getting food that is genuinely rich in omega 3 is hard, as most food comes as a mix of omega 6 (inflammatory) and omega 3.

I have a deviated septum making breathing difficult if i consume or breath anything inflammatory, causing my nasal passages to swell up and block breathing, but after a week of plant based vegan eating, I donโ€™t need nasal sprays anymore. So it does have an anti-inflammatory effect. But is it strong enough?

• Arthuritis
    Options

forgot to add artificially farmed animals have more Omega 6 than Omega 3, because of what they eat.

Ideally pick foods with a higher Omega 3 ratio than omega 6.

The best is linseed (flax). Then chia. Then walnuts

• Arthuritis
    Options

Also turmeric

• Bruzer
    Bruzer Member Posts: 4
    Options

Good luck following/trusting web sites for anti-inflammatory diets.

I found four items (coffee, beans, don't remember the other two) that were listed as "Good to eat" on one website and "Avoid" on another.

Aside from one thing working well for somebody but not others, I don't think there's any real evidence of anything. If there is, please let me know.

• Arthuritis
    Options

@Bruzer I suppose its a bit individual, eg nuts are supposed to be good for you, unless you have a nut allergy. The anti inflammatory effect is more profound when you cut out pro inflammatory food than when you add anti-inflammatory food, which has a subtle effect and may not be sufficient to stop raging RA. Also these diets are very boring.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32055820/

Search Dr Brooke Goldner (Had Lupus) & Dr Monica Aggarwal (Cardiologist, RA sufferer also in remission)

My own experience has been that while it helped my stuffy nose, its not made a dent on my RA, but that may be because my RF is over 100 and ACCP over 500, normal is well below 20 for both.