rituximab

Options
Cole
Cole Member Posts: 7
edited 26. Oct 2021, 15:12 in Living with arthritis

Does anyone feel more emotional after having rituximab treatment? Not sure if it is just me or the treatment? Just about things that are not related to you I seem to get more upset than what I used too?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Do you have asteroid infusion alongside your rituximab?

I only ask because when my youngest was on high dose steroids for leukaemia she was very very tearful. Just a though ((()))

• Cole
    Options

You get steroids infusion with it but not sure what asteroid is. I have been on strong meds for about 6months so might be withdrawal from all that as well. Too many things happening to pin down. Thank you

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

@Cole

I think it could easily be the steroid. It's a kind of anti-inflammatory its a fabulous medication, but has it's consequences.

Take a look at this:

It could definitely be withdrawal from your medication too. Sounds tough I hope you feel more yourself soon ((()))

• Tuddy
    Tuddy Member Posts: 6
    Options

Just about to have first retiximab infusion and I am very apprehensive will see if I get emotional

Any other comments on the treatment would be appreciated

• Cole
    Options

@Tuddy I am so sorry I didn't respond. I have not been on the site for a while and didn't get notifications. Hope you are getting on well with it