I've just been diagnosed with hip arthritis in early 50s.. pain all down right leg.. fortunately just at the 'irritating' stage..
I first got pain 2 1/2 years ago when I was training up to run a marathon, and the pain has never fully gone away! It is good to have a diagnosis, but it has left me in a quandry as to what exercise I could do now. I was really hoping to go back to running, and doctor on phone said I could. But I really don't want to cause any more long-term damage. I've also done Yin Yoga in the past - so wondering if that would be okay..
I've go an appointment with an orthopedic doctor at some point.. not yet scheduled.. but i'm kind of wondering what to do..
- 8.1K All Categories
- 704 Welcome
- 3.7K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 20 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 567 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 364 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 110 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe