A painful smile

Options
RachelMarie
RachelMarie Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Good morning all. My names Rachel, im 39 and was diagnosed with RA 12 years ago and Psoriatic arthritis 5 years ago. I try my best to process mentally and physically with the effects of everything, as Im sure you can understand but I knew as soon as I woke up that today is a going to be a tough day. Is this rainy weather effecting anyone else? I think I need to move to a much sunnier country x

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @RachelMarie .

I see that you have had RA for 12 years and psoriatic arthritis for 5. You question whether a move to a sunnier climate would help. I have had RA for 40 years and find that warm English summers set me off, though I acknowledge that this maybe unusual.

You mention you work on the mental aspects of living with your conditions. If you have not already found this link, you may find it helpful:

And here is a link to your newest condition:

I am sure that you will find the stories of others on the forum will help.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Tom

• RachelMarie
    Options

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your comment. I will check out the links as its always good to be informed of others stories and struggles and to gain helpful hints and tips about how to cope with all aspects of dealing with arthritis.

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again 😁

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

What meds are you on and how are your blood tests? If the meds aren't working well to hold down the disease you should contact your rheumatology team. If they are working then maybe ask your GP for some pain relief.

I have RA and OA. My OA isn't best pleased with cold and damp but my RA hates heat. I just wilt. I have a son in California whom we used to visit (pre-covid) in March / April. I've always said I'd never make it for my grandson's birthday in August.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright