Imraldi and University

Options

Hello all

My 19 year old son started Imraldi 8 weeks ago following his diagnosis of psoriasis and Ankylosing Spondylitis (4 injections so far). He started university just over a month ago and whilst the Imraldi has helped ease his back pain, he has had chest infections, sore throats and colds pretty much ever since. He is also feeling tired most of the time. He has a hospital appointment in January for a review but in the meantime, I was wondering if there is any advice or reassurance I can give him?

Thank you.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 794
    Options

Hi @FDL

Welcome to the online community to you and your son. I hear you are concerned for your son as he has just started Imraldi and is also at University and since starting Imraldi has had sore throats and colds and chest infections.

I would maybe advice your son to see his consultant and tell him what is happening to see if there is something that can be done to help him especially the chest infections and colds.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 794
    Options

Hi @FDLWelcome to the online community to you and your son.I hear that you are concerned about your son as he has just started Imraldi and since has had colds and Chest infections and sore throats.

I would advice you to ask your son to contact his consultant and tell him his symptoms especially recurrent chest infections so he can help and decide what to do to make your son more comfortable.

Please talk to others on the forums as they may have advice for you too everyone being friendly and reassuring. Please tell us how you get on and keep in touch.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @FDL

Thank you for posting on our helpline forum regarding your son, I am so sorry to hear that he is poorly at the moment.

I agree with ChrisR if your son has a chest infection, sore throats, and a cold it is important that he contacts his Healthcare practitioner and Rheumatologist consultant to get further advice and to help with these symptoms that he is experiencing.

Best wishes

Chris

Helpline Advisor