Hello

Options
Soprano1959
Soprano1959 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

I am new to this. I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my heart and upper back. I have read of proteins to avoid. Anyone else heard of this?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello @Soprano1959 and welcome to the online community,

You've been diagnosed with arthritis in your heart and upper back and you are wondering if anyone has heard of proteins to avoid.

You don't mention which sort of arthritis you have, or maybe you have a mixture of osteo and rheumatoid arthritis? Both types can affect the back and neck, and since rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory disease, it can also affect internal organs such as the heart and lungs.

You might find it useful to have a look at the Versus Arthritis website page about back pain. It talks about how arthritis of the back can be treated and, if you scroll down the left hand side menu to managing your symptoms, you'll see there is a section on diet that might be of interest.

Do have a look round the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Hi @Soprano1959

Welcome to the forum from me

I haven't heard about avoiding proteins, but am interested which ones did they mean?

Does this help?

take care

• Soprano1959
    Options

Thank you, this is very helpful.