Being a wimp?

Options
LauraB
LauraB Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

I am so fortunate that my surgery is scheduled for the end of December. But it now seems to be a case of the nearer it gets the further away it seems. My Dr has signed me off from my part time teaching job for a break to try to get my sleep pattern righted and my mind set more positive again . I am not sleeping due to pain and the anxiety about what people may think of me is off the scale. The days I do work are exhausting and painful- also make me feel inadequate as I know I’m not at the top of my game. I feel frustrated as I can not teach the way I want to- lack of mobility has an impact in many areas of my practice.I really feel that I have reached the absolute end of what I have to give . I normally enjoy my working days but now feel as if they are the complete focus of my energy and efforts leaving me with nothing for home and family. Would I be a complete wimp if i asked the dr for more time at home? Not like me to give in but my mood is so low right now .

Comments

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi @LauraB ,

No firstly you are not how you put it a wimp, if you need time take more time I struggled every day at work doing what I loved but managing on sometimes no sleep every night it exhausted me to beyond limits not to mention the anxiety of getting things wrong I too reached my end, I took ill health retirement and now I can rest when I can and take my medication properly without putting myself and others at risk driving , I needed to get myself right first but I’m not ruling out going back to work if I can at all just need to change career , my mental health suffered and still do but I’ve put myself first if you explain to your dr I’m sure they will help

take care and stay strong

Jona 😊💐