Personal trainer

Options

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with paying for a personal trainer to help them get fitter and stronger?

I have axial spondyloarthritis and in normal times keep myself fit and strong by trampolining. Unfortunately I'm also on anti-TNF so immune suppressed and going to trampolining is currently too risky for me (especially given its mostly children!). I haven't exercised beyond walking for a few months now and I'm noticing the effects. Unfortunately I have no motivation to start anything myself, and when I have pushed myself to do something it just doesn't last. My friends are all back training normally now so I don't have anyone to exercise with. Ideally I'd like to find a trainer who will work with me outside where I feel safe enough meeting people, and who would consider zoom sessions if it's pouring with rain.

Essentially I'm wondering whether this is the right route to go down and what experiences others have had trying this.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Hi @TrampolinistWithAS

I haven't ever had a PT, but I do know a woman who did!

She found it really useful and went from using a rollator to pretty well independent walking. The trainer pushed her where she was apprehensive and gave her the confidence to try.

If you can afford it I think what's to lose?