Struggling with pain

Clare1279
Clare1279 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello, I’m new to the chat, I’m really struggling at the moment having recently being diagnosed with zero negative inflammatory arthritis at 42.

Im currently off work and am feeling fed up!

Anyone else feeling the same?

😩

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,607

Hello @Clare1279

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community.

I read from your post that you have been recently diagnosed with seronegative Arthritis. Your blood tests came back negative for Rheumatoid Factor and Anti-CPP tests which usually confirm a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. In general terms you are likely to be treated in a very similar if not identical way to those who are seropositive.

Getting diagnosed is a bit tougher without those helpful positive bloods though many other inflammatory arthritides are seronegative too.

This article might be of interest to you?

You have come to the right place for a chat for definite and hopefully you should leave feeling a little less fed up.

Take a look around and join in wherever you fancy.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• okmick
    okmick Member Posts: 4

Hi also off work at moment and fed up , I am not yet diagnosed but hopefully will learn something this week it’s been hard getting seen over lockdown but staying positive is key for me .

kindest regards

mick

• Clare1279
    Clare1279 Member Posts: 4

Hi Mick,

hope you soon get some answers it’s hard waiting to find out!

Im a few months on since my post in November I have new meds and less pain which is great the only slight downside is a few side effects but o guess you can’t have it all ways!!?

take care

clare