Arthritis in shoulder and neck

System
System Administrator Posts: 40
This discussion was created from comments split from: Online Community Video.

Comments

• I have arthritis in my shoulder and neck I am now getting pain along the bottom of my jaw line as well I am wondering if this could be my arthritis or whether it is a separate issue anyone out there have any knowledge of this or Maybee going through the same any comments would be appreciated, Thanks Chris

• Anyone got experience of using bdm oil, I am in constant pain with my arthritis and I have stayed away from using this but I have now come to the conclusion that I have to do whatever I can, any comments or advice would be much appreciated, Thanks Chris

• I am week 4 post total wrist replacement.....I have grade 4 arthritis in the wrist.

Making progress but the exercises regime , I find is quite brutal - with the expectation to undertake the exercises x5 times a day - not managing that due to pain. Maybe I have a poor pain threshold.

• Mybones519
    Mybones519 Member Posts: 2
    edited 12. Nov 2021, 14:04

My son (a Sports Rehab & massage therapist - he has a BSc Hons & a Masters) bought me [xxxx] CBD balm. I use it on my arthritis in my right hand and now post op (total wrist replacement) as the knuckle area is still swollen and always painful after exercises.

It provides me with some relief - but as with all topical ointments, relief is varied between users. But, I get some relief and it had numerous other oils....its expensive, so ask if anyone else has had any luck.

Cheers Paul

Text deleted by Admin Yvonne-H advertising is not allowed please see guidelines https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/comment/681760/#Comment_681760

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Mybones519

Welcome to the Online Community, it’s great to have you join us.

I see you are recovering from wrist surgery but you are struggling with pain when doing the exercises. As this is continuing it might be best to consult your surgeon/physio to get them to check what you are doing and see what they can suggest.

You have noted that your son has bought cbd oil for you, for advertising reasons I have to remove the make of the oil, if member are interested they can send a private message to ask about it. This is the information from our website

I need to draw you attention to the wording at the end which is as follows

If you’re considering using CBD to manage the pain of your arthritis, it’s important to remember it cannot replace your current medicines, and it may interact with them, so please do not stop/start taking anything without speaking to a healthcare professional.

I don’t know if you are on any medication for any condition but interactions need to be checked carefully by a professional before starting use.

Please do continue to post on your recovery, it will be a huge help to anyone else considering a total wrist replacement now and in the future.

Yvonne x

• I had symptoms of pain in the neck and shoulders before I was diagnosed with RA. It got so bad one night and spread to my jaw I went straight to urgent care and then (as they didn’t do anything) went to the GP who I told I thought I had PMR. He immediately put me on prednisone which relived the pain immediately. Some 6 months later I’ve now been seeing a consultant who’s confirmed RA. I’ve been on prednisone and hydroxychloquine for the last 6 months but recently had a flare up 2 weeks ago of which I’m still suffering. Due to see consultant again tomorrow to try and get something sorted