Introducing myself

Options
Jillypops
Jillypops Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi...I'm new to the group so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 66 year old retired primary school deputy head teacher.

I have suffered with osteoarthritis since first being diagnosed over 20 years ago.

I've had several operations on shoulders, wrists, elbow and thumb plus 2 partial knee replacements 10 years ago.

I've recently returned from Lithuania where I had a hip replacement done as I'd been told, after 4 years waiting, that it would be at least another 3 years.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 19. Nov 2021, 16:11
    Options

Hi @Jillypops

Welcome to the online community good you are posting and telling us your arthritis story.You say you have had several operations on shoulders wrists elbows and thumbs,and recently returned from Lithuania wher you had a hip replacement as you were told after 4years you had another 3 years to wait all for Osteoarthritis. I do hope you are doing well post op and you are walking and exercising well,you dont say wether you are having physiotherapy for the hip.

This is a link to exercise you should be doing if possible always ask a Nurse or a doctor if you are doubtful about any of the information.

Please let us know how you are getting on and do go onto the forums and talk to others,everyone is friendly and understands what you are going through as we all have some form of Arthritis.

Hope all goes well Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm