Aching

Recently diagnosed with arthritic hips..I can feel the pain in these hips at times but I also ache my lower back and legs .Is this normal ? Thanks Sue

Comments

• RogerBill
    RogerBill Member Posts: 223

Hi. @rambler70_ For quite a few years I suffered from lower back problems then early this year I had pains in my thigh and then hip. I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my left hip and I had a hip replacement operation two months ago. I was told the thigh pains emanated from the hip and that the operation might also help with the back problems. It's too soon to tell how much the operation has helped but I am hopeful.

• Hi @rambler70_ 

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum. I'm sorry you are experiencing pain in your hips, spine and legs.

Thanks to RogerHill for his insight. I hope you find it helpful and encouraging.

You can find out more about the symptoms and causes of hip and back pain here:

If the diagnosis you have been given is osteoarthritis (OA), it would be more appropriate to read our more specific information under conditions, (osteoarthritis and OA of the hip and spine).

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. 

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Mags