New treatment with Ultrasound to suppress RA completing Phase 1 clinical trials in 2021.
Mechanism of novel approach as a non invasive method stimulate the spleen to down regulate inflammation signalling.
The trial participants used a handheld device to stimulate their spleen into suppressing the inflammatory activity without using drugs.
It works in mice, I hope it will work in people too.
It would be great to be able to curb the nightly inflammation we often suffer painfully next morning. Also sounds more affordable than major surgery for an implant.
Hope it works.
- 7.4K All Categories
- 324 Welcome
- 3.4K Say Hello
- 15 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 18 Feedback and ideas
- 38.8K Our Community
- 2.6K Living with arthritis
- 105 Let's Move
- 161 Work and financial support
- 545 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 241 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 24 My Triumphs
- 353 Young people's community
- 483 Chat and News
- 20 Val's Cafe
- 225 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe