Hello fellow sufferers

Options
Gail73
Gail73 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi I am new to this group and have joined to find help and advice from fellow sufferers.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Inflammatory Arthritis after I had been struggling with pain in my ankle, knees, elbows and neck. The pain and stiffness has progressively got worse over the 2 year period to the point I am now absolutely at my wits end with it. I have always been so fit, playing Netball and Rounders for ladies teams, which was a huge part of my life socially and mentally, which has all had to stop due to the pain as now I can no longer run or swing a bat, I even struggle to walk the dog without feeling pain with every step. I am a PE teacher in a Primary School which makes me feel like a complete fraud (I have kept that have Arthritis to myself as I fear I would lose my job as I am self employed) but I struggle with pain daily to do my job, so therefore am looking for other work that isn't so demanding on my joints.

I have been on Sulphasalazine for over 2 years and initially they helped but think they have stopped working, my RA consultant has given me Steroid injections directly into my knees and also in my butt, but they only last for 2 weeks. I have also tried Methotrexate but I felt so ill with them, nausea, stomach cramps, mouth ulcers and terrible headaches so I was told to stop taking them. I take Ibuprofen and paracetamol throughout the day, but think I'm immune to them as nothing seems to be working anymore, does anyone have advice on other pain relief?

I would appreciate if anyone has any help or advice for vitamins, supplements or diet that can help relieve joint stiffness or pain?

Thanks for listening

Comments