edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hospital and doctors said it was difficult things

Have pain numbness swallowing

Of the wrist left one

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hi @Beckymorris93

Welcome tO the online community. I hope that you will find this a friendly and safe space to share your journey with us.

So you have been diagnosed with CRPS in your left wrist. Your symptoms are pain, numbness and swelling.

As you said, both the hospital and doctors have said thats its a difficult comdition as not much is known about what causes it and how to treat it.

I have managed to find some information on the condition on our main Versus Arthritis website that may be of use to you. Just click on the link below and it will take you directly to where you need to go.

Alternatively, please feel free to give our Helpline a call and they can go through it with you. There details are in the below link.

Hope this is of some help to you!

Take care

Anne (moderator)

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Beckymorris93

I have heard of this and it sounds nasty you have my sympathy. Are you having treatment for it?

• When to physio to see if it helps

Been told to get lidocaine cream not sure we're and how much

Coz I get headaches if I take painkillers

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 443
    edited 8. Jan 2022, 17:59

@Beckymorris93 Has your gp carried out any blood tests? How was CRPS confirmed?

Did you have some broad tests biochem, kidney & liver function, full blood count, immunology inc ESR & CRP & HbA1c, TSH, Free Thyroxine and auto immune specific ones - RF, ACCP. Maybe some others just to be sure it really is of unknown cause.

The local anaesthetic test is a good one but I don’t think lidocaine cream or spray will be sufficient, more like a lidocaine injection to see if the pain goes away, then you have something to work on.

I hope you will be ok or at least find some way to manage it.

I used to buy lidocaine spray from boots for itchy skin & mosquito bites, it was easier to apply than the cream, fast acting. But it only works for skin deep problems, as it can’t reach very far.