Knee pain

Rod
Rod Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi I had my right knee replaced four years ago due to osteoarthritis,it took a very long time to be pain free.Recently I have been feeling very stiff and sore when I stand up like my body has seized up.It appears to be now in both knees .I am seventy previously had both hips replaced ,is this just normal aging with knee replacement?

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211

Hi @Rod and welcome to the Online Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your having issues with both knees despite having a knee replacement previously in one. Being in pain and getting stiffness and cramps is so tiring and depressing.

We have some useful information on our website regarding knee surgery that you may like to read, especially the section on Looking after your knee replacement

Exercise is definitely something to keep up if at all possible. Perhaps asking for manipulation of the knee under anaesthetic might be something to check out with your consultant.

Hopefully there will be some replies from members who have had complications following knee surgery who can make helpful suggestions. There are lots of chats about knee replacements in the forum.

Do join in across the Community, ask questions, and say how you are getting on. You will be most welcome.

All best wishes

Joe

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Rod

In your shoes I'd be back to my GP for further investigations.

I am so sorry it seems so unfair when you thought things were sorted out so recently.

Do let us know how you get on - if possible take someone with you for your appointment 🤞 for you