Retiximab

Options
Tuddy
Tuddy Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi just joined the community

Had rheumatoid for 10 plus years.

Previously on methotrexate but following a chest infection (suspected covid ?) I have been off this for 10 months, sulfasalazine not really effective so I am about to have a reiximab infusion and would appreciate any views on this or other people's experience of iy

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @Tuddy - welcome to the online community!

I see you've have Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 10 years and you've recently (this year) been taken off methotrexate following an infection and you're about to have your first rituximab infusion. You're looking for any more information or personal experiences on this you can get.

You've done a great job of finding other posts on the community already about this, so I'm not sure what other links of information I can offer you in welcome, I'm afraid, as I haven't had this myself. I would like to say that there are a number of different biologics which can be tried, so don't worry too much - if you don't like this one you will still have other options to move on to, this is not your only one. Be honest with your doctors and see how it goes. 

I have found some information which might be of interest to you about the class of drug, biologics:

If you want to come back and let us know how your first infusion goes that would be wonderful. We've had a few people come on to ask before, but few people have come back to say how it went. I believe this probably means it went fine - people on the whole are more likely to complain if something went wrong than to say it was all OK. So you could take the lack of personal stories as a positive sign? But if you wanted to come back yourself it would be wonderful for anyone new.

It's wonderful to meet you!

Shell