Confused re Lump on Elbow

Options

Last year my right arm was painful. It was a pain in the bone of the forearm and so sore that it radiated to my wrist. I had shooting pains when doing simple tasks such as turning a door handle. I examined my arm and felt a 1.5cm by 1cm lump near the lateral epicondyle tendon. An ultrasound was requested; the appointment was today, a year later.

The ultrasound dr said it was tennis elbow. Does tennis elbow cause a lump?

I have osteoarthritis of the neck and hip. I am female, aged mid 50s and of average weight. I hope someone can help with my query.

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @amjek

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum. I’m sorry you have been in pain for so long. Now that you have the results of the ultrasound on your elbow you, understandably, still have questions around the underlying cause of your symptoms.

I can’t answer your specific question about whether tennis elbow cause a lump, but I hope the information I have provided here helps you to have a more informed discussion with your GP about the diagnosis and options moving forward now that you have the results of the ultrasound scan.

You can find out more about elbow pain, including tennis elbow and osteoarthritis, here:

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. 

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Mags

Helpline Team