Keyboard/ Mouse

Pegs2012
Pegs2012 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi, in new, I'm looking to buy an ergonomic keyboard and mouse has anyone any information, experience please. My thumb base joints are deformed and middle joint knuckles sticking, thanks

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211

Hi @Pegs2012 firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have issues with your finger joints and you are looking for some tips around keyboards or a mouse.

The site is full of information and but unfortunately we have nothing specific on those topics. There has been a previous thread on the topic however which may help, it is shown below.

Also I have added a link to our general information on wrist / hand pain topics that could help.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you get some relief and answers soon.

Thanks

Joe

• RogerBill
    RogerBill Member Posts: 223

Hi @Pegs2012 For intensive use I've found trackballs can be more comfortable than either a mouse or trackpad. To a lesser extent I found the Microsoft ergonomic keyboards with wrist support were beneficial. But everyone is different so these are personal preferences which probably won't suit everyone.