Hello from a Newbie

Options
GiverBlue13
GiverBlue13 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi all

I've had severe arthritis for several years ago which is in my knees. A few years ago when I was in my late 50s I was told by my GP I was too young for surgery. I was fitted with a knee brace and it helped for a while but now I am mostly housebound and on painkillers. I must be one of the few who have thrived during the pandemic as I work from home and love it. I give t some funding from Access to Work which will fund a taxi to work when the time comes to go back.

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @GiverBlue13 welcome to the Online Community.

I understand you have had arthritis in your knees for several years and are now managing your symptoms with a knee brace and a prescription of painkillers.

Working from home has been great as the computer software has really improved so much that it has become quite easy for some settings and occupations (I'm so glad I don't work in an office!)

Do join in across the community, ask questions and give advice. Call in for a chat to say how you are getting on, you will be most welcome.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Is it time to revisit the Dr and see whether you are 'old enough' now?

You need to see an orthopaedic surgeon to be told this GPs do not normally make the decision as to who is eligible for surgery.

Well done coping so well during the pandemic!