Anxiety

Options
nicholaj
nicholaj Member Posts: 64
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello…I’ve become very anxious about how much my life has changed so quickly because of the pain I am in.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 748
    Options

Hello @nicholaj and welcome to the online community.

You share with us your anxiety about how much your life has changed due to the pain you are experiencing. Many of us have gone through stages of grief and anxiety when we experience pain related to arthritis and receive our first diagnosis. We are so pleased that you have found us because we aim to give you support whilst you come to terms with your condition.

You do not say which sort of arthritis you have or what treatment you have been prescribed, when you feel able , I hope you will share these details and then we can help you with more specific information and support.

Meanwhile I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful

When you have had a chance to browse the information we hope you will get back to us with questions. Our members are a friendly group and we offer a safe place to share your concerns, If you would prefer to talk to someone the Helpline is available Monday - Friday 9.00 - 6.00.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• nicholaj
    nicholaj Member Posts: 64
    Options

I had X-rays some 3 months ago following pain in hips and knees which had come on very quickly since May. Before then I was a keen walker and now I hurt even going up and down stairs. X-rays showed severe degeneration of hips, knees and lower spine which was a shock to me. I only saw these results by going onto the NHS app and although the results said ‘conversation with Dr needed’ nobody from the practice contacted me. I’ve had two 5 minute phone calls purely to prescribe pain relief …co-codimol which make me feel woozy. A referral was made to the musculoskeletal clinic but I’ve heard nothing back. I feel abandoned with a scary diagnosis and a feeling of grief that the life I knew has slipped away from me. I try to do a short walk each day but feel such a loss at the activity which once gave me so much is now too painful to do. Even cooking a meal for friends left me in so much pain that I couldn’t enjoy their company. I woke up at 4am with anxiety washing over me.