Methotrexate sickness- is this normal?
Our 15 year old son has JIA- he's been on Methotrexate injections since Jan 2020. It's helped a fair bit,but the sickness affects him badly,even with anti- emetics. He has the injection on a Sat eve and doesn't want to go out at all over the weekend and is off school every Monday due to the sickness. The team are aware+ he's now on Humira,with a view to reducing the Methotrexate to a tablet once a week when it's working.
Does anyone else have these issues with their child who is on Methotrexate? It is extremely tough for all the family.
- 8.1K All Categories
- 740 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 568 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe