Blood Test

Options

What does it mean if my CRP is 0.8 mg/L. I keep reading it should be under 5. But does that mean it should be under 0.5?

is a CRP 0.8 mg/L high?

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi@Lizzyloo48

We are not qualified to discuss someone's blood results I'm afraid. This is something which is better discussed with a health care professional. If possible can you ask one of the rheumatology nurses to talk it through with you?

I wouldn't be supposed to say something like 'that may be a low result' even if it were.

Some people with some inflammatory types of arthritis can have a 'sero negative' type which may not show up very well in their routine blood tests - so for them getting low results does not mean that all is well - which is why scans like ultrasound can help to spot the inflammation, if the bloods seem normal (and if someone were feeling flared up).

I don't know what kind of arthritis you are affected by - would you like us to send you some information? If so, do email us, or ring 0800 5200520 and we'd be happy to help.

Investigations | Healthcare Professionals (versusarthritis.org)

(This information is aimed at healthcare professionals, though it's in fact quite straightforward and mentions some of the points relevant to your enquiry) if you'd like a chat about the information, do please give us a ring and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards

Guy - Helpline team