Just diagnosed

Options
ellyb39
ellyb39 Member Posts: 14
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi Today the rheumatologist confirmed that I have arthritis in all my joints neck,back , toes hands (Are quite distorted already) hips. It’s. All v. Painful and seems to come in waves sometimes ok sometimes worse. I really just want to know what to expect. I’m keeping v active swimming walking etc but it seems harder every day. The doctor has prescribed an analgesic to take. Thanks sure a lot of people are a lot worse off than me. Elly

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @ellyb39 , welcome to the online community

You have recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in all of your joints and are wondering what to expect. You find living with this is very painful , some days better than others. Your doctor has prescribed an analgesic and you are wisely staying active with swimming, walking etc.

The community aims to offer peer support to people living with or affected by arthritis and we are so glad you found us. We hope that when you have had a chance to look round the discussions and activities you will find our members experiences and suggestions both helpful and fun. As you will see everyone's experience of life with arthritis is different and we are all on a journey adapting to our condition as we go along.

Meanwhile I attach some links which you might find useful

Often looking at sources of information creates more questions so please don't hesitate to get in touch again and share your concerns with us.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.