Feeling low

Options
Pattt
Pattt Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

on waiting list 12 months for surgery on both knees

now in continuous pain and my knees now feeling weak

However surprised at how much pain I am now in hands. Hips elbows especially at night. Is this common?

I am taking paracetamol in the day and co-dydramal at night plus Ibuprofen gell

Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 749
    Options

Welcome @Pattt to the online community

You are on the waiting list for knee surgery and also have pain in your hands, hips and elbows especially at night. You have been prescribed co-dydramol which you take at night as well as ibuprofen gell. You find your pain levels especially at night are causing you concern and wonder if this is a common.

Many members find that night time pain is an ongoing problem and have tried various solutions to relieve it. I attach some links which you might find helpful

This information will probably create more questions so don't hesitate to get in touch. We are here to support each other and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• duffer
    duffer Member Posts: 46
    Options

Hello - I too am feeling low - or more accurately scared. I'm suffering from vertigo which could be cervical spondylosis, or Meniers disease or BPPV or what! Anyway the vertigo attacks are terrifying and I've been given Betahistine and been on it for 8 weeks but I'm not 100% confident that it's the answer. Has anyone any experience of the Epley manoeuvre or anything similar please? Every day I'm afraid to get up as I'm on my own. Would love to hear from any of you. Duffer.