Hello everyone :)

Options
Grumpyoldlady
Grumpyoldlady Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone

First time on here so not sure what to say etc. I have suffered from Osteoarthritis for the last 15 years or so. Had one hip replaced at the ripe old age of 48 and it's been downhill pretty much ever since. I am suffering badly now with the other "good hip". Had arthritis in it for many years and now the pain is getting unbearable. And because I am walking differently it has upset the arthritis in my spine now. Vicious circle isn't it? I am reading on here that people are waiting many years now to get a hip or knee replacement done due to covid. Any tips on pain relief or exercises? I am rubbing in the gel and taking ibuprofen at the moment. I was prescribed co codamol tablets but due to random drug tests at work I can't risk taking them.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 800
    edited 21. Jan 2022, 19:10
    Options

Hi @Grumpyoldlady

Welcome to the online community, it is great you have found us. You say you have had Osteoarthritis for 15years also a hip replacement but you are suffering pain in the other hip now and because of it your walking has affected your spine and is getting unbearable.

You dont mention wether you have seen your GP about the good hip thats not so good now,but ask about tips on pain relief and exercises to help.

Here are a few links that may help

Hope the links help in some way.Please go onto our forums to talk to others who understand what you are going through and will try and help and advise and encourage you.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Cimca
    Cimca Member Posts: 33
    Options

Hi grumpyoldlady

I could well be described as that! Welcome!

• Grumpyoldlady
    Options

I have seen my GP about the "good hip". Waited over a month for an x-ray and now it's almost 4 weeks to get the results! A locum is supposed to ring me tomorrow morning. I won't hold my breath though. I haven't actually seen my GP for almost 2 years now. Everything is done over the phone etc. Sad fact of todays world I guess.

• nicholaj
    nicholaj Member Posts: 64
    Options

Yes, it is hard not to be seen my anyone face to face. All my ‘consultations’ have been by phone whereas once upon a time I would have been seen for a chat following the rather scary X-ray results which I only knew about when I looked at my NHS app.

• Abigailarthritis
    Options

Hello I am new to however if you were prescribed cocodamol you can take it - inform work that it is a prescription drug and it has been prescribed for you !!

I feel your pain