Wrist surgery

Options

Hi,

I have been offered wrist surgery (to remove some bone) to resolve osteoarthritis problems/pain, and I wondered if anyone has had this and their experiences and help me decide.

thanks. Caz

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hi @Caz271 and welcome to the online community,

You are asking if any members have had wrist surgery in the hope that their experience will help you decide whether to go ahead yourself. It is always a difficult decision whether to opt for treatment especially surgery and I think it is wise to consider as many options as are available. At the end of the day it will be your assessment of the current pain and lack of mobility in your wrist and the advantages / disadvantages outlined by your consultant and others that will sway your choice.

Meanwhile I attach some links which I hope are helpful

Those of us living with arthritis are being strongly encouraged to exercise to try to keep our joints as healthy and flexible as possible. I hope that you will take time to browse through the exercise videos which are fun and can be managed as little or often as you want.

If you want to talk to someone about your decision the Helpline is open Monday - Friday 9.00 - 6.00. 0800 5200 520.

We look forward to hearing from you

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.