Newbie & Soft cushion!!

Options
Abigailarthritis
Abigailarthritis Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello I’m new I’m 47 been diagnosed with arthritis and some technical words that I don’t understand I am struggling to find a soft cushion to sit on !! Even the edge of my underwear hurts my bottom has anyone else experienced this ??

my hip pain also causes leg pain and my foot can feel odd at times is this normal —- going to ring GP next week to talk about regular painkillers !!!

thanks in advance if anyone reply’s X X

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @Abigailarthritis and welcome to the online community,

Thank you for your messages , it is great to have a new member adding to an existing discussion and also introducing themselves. You are newly diagnosed with arthritis and are experiencing pain in your hip, knee and sometimes your foot. Those of us who have painful arthritic hips can experience swollen knees and painful leg muscles and aching feet, so it is common and can be relieved somewhat by pain killers. Some exercises can also help such as swimming ,cycling e.g. those that take the strain off the hip joint. You may also find an inflatable or foam ring shaped pillow helps when you are seated.

I attach some links which I hope you will find useful

When you have had a chance to absorb all of this there will probably be more questions, so don't hesitate to get back to us. The community offers a safe place to share your concerns and the members are a great bunch of people. So we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• LizB12
    LizB12 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Hi@Abigailarthritis. So sorry to hear you’re in pain with hip arthritis. I have similar pains at the base of my bottom and top of my legs, also due to a damaged coccyx and inflamed sacroiliac joints as well as hip arthritis. I bought a special coccyx cushion from Amazon which lessens pressure when sitting and I regularly sit on a microwaveable rice pad that relieves the pain at the top of my legs. At night I use a shaped leg cushion to align my hips better when sleeping. I hope these suggestions help and that you have some success with advice on regular painkillers from your doctor next week. LizB12