Hello &Osteoarthritis of the fingers

Options
Lillie
Lillie Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello,

I am new to this site, I have put off joining for many years. I had a bad flare of my Osteoarthritis in the summer. Recently, my fingers have deteriated very quickly & can be painful.

I would be really grateful if you could tell me how you manage.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @Lillie welcome to the online community,

I am so pleased that you finally decided to join us, we offer a safe place to share your concerns and are here to support anyone affected by arthritis. You had a bad flare in the summer and more recently your fingers have been painful.

Many of our members use heat /cold pads to relieve areas of pain. Wheat or gel pads that can be microwaved or chilled are usually used. Wrist straps or cushion supports for your wrists when you are using your computer can take the strain off your fingers. Gadgets in the kitchen and around the house can ease the need to use your fingers so much. Have you also considered exercises for hands and fingers? This may seem contradictory and I know when I first started them I was skeptical, however I now feel the benefit of a few stretches and grips under warm water eases my finger aches, but I am careful not to overdo it!

I attach a link that I hope will be useful

If the pain and difficulties with your fingers persist you should ask you GP for advice about pain relief treatment.

Do join in on the community again now that you have been brave enough to make your first post. I hope to chat again soon.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Lillie
    Lillie Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you Poppyjane, I really appreciate your help and support, and I will look at this