Advice about steroid injections in other joints after total knee replacements.
Hi I have osteoarthritis in both knees (severely, both need replacing) and in one shoulder and both thumbs. I have steroid injections in both knees and one shoulder every three months (last ones were in November 21).
I have been told I can have the first knee replaced in March 22. I know I can’t have steroid injections prior to surgery due to risks of infection. But, as I have severe pain in the other knee too I wonder after the new knee is fitted ‘when’ I can have the injections in the other knee and my shoulder? I can only find information/research on pre op injection advice and I don’t want steroid injections in the new knee post surgery. Would anyone be able to advise me please? I can’t get through to the surgeon to ask.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe