Finding the right Biological for PRA

Options
Cazpom6
Cazpom6 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi we’re finding it difficult finding benefits from a number of biologicals, I’m on my 5th. I’m having constant flare up and exhausted all the time, any advice ? 😀

Comments

• ToneBlues
    ToneBlues Member Posts: 94
    Options

Hi @Cazpom6

Welcome to our online forum and thank you very much for asking for our support.

You tell us that you have been prescribed five different biologic drugs over time to treat your rheumatoid arthritis, and that you are having trouble finding any real benefits from treatment. You are constantly flaring, and exhausted all the time.

You sound as if you are having a very difficult time, and I am sure that many of our users will be able to empathise with you, having themselves travelled a very similar journey. Getting an effective treatment for inflammatory arthritis can be an extremely frustrating business, especially as you are experiencing all the impacts of an essentially uncontrolled disease, especially the continual pain and fatigue.

Are your rheumatology department able to offer you any additional support - do you think they fully appreciate the difficulty you are having?

I hope you will be able to find some helpful information here -

The tips on managing a flare may help you - in particular the importance of continuing to exercise despite the discomfort and lack of energy.

One of the things that can drag us down and make us feel worse are the negative feelings that can go along with arthritis - it is important to take care of your emotional wellbeing - here are some ideas aimed at helping us feel better about ourselves and our arthritis -

I very much hope that you find some effective treatment as soon as possible, and I also hope that the experience of others in the community will be helpful. Please keep in touch with us.

Very best wishes

@ToneBlues