Covid symptoms but LF negative ! ?

Options

Hi

I’m into my second week of illness ( sore throat , nose infection & a cold , slight cough , back ache and fatigue ) . I’ve been taking a lateral flow daily and it’s always negative ! I was in close contact with a relative who developed Covid (the day after I started being ill ) . Would my meds - Methotrixate and Secukinumab 300mg affect the LF result or have a got phantom Covid ?

Thanks , Karen

Comments

• Hi @kaznel

I'm not particularly experienced in this field I'm afraid so not sure whether your meds would affect LFT results or not to be honest!

Here is a link to the VA information that we have here on the website regarding Covid:

There is also some information here on your current medication which may be of some use:

I'm sorry that I can't be of much more use at the moment but other members may have a better insight. In the meantime, please carry on having a look around the community and joining in with us where you feel comfortable!

Take care,

Sarah

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @Kaznel,

Thank you for posting on our helpline forum, I am sorry to hear that you are in your second week of being ill.

Thank you, Sarah, for attaching those links I hope there is some information in the links that may help. Unfortunately, like Sarah I am not experienced in answer this question, but I do suggest that you either contact your doctor, rheumatologist consultant or 119 with the hope that they can help you.

I am sorry that I cannot answer your question, and hope that you have a speedy recovery very soon.

If at any point it would help you to talk things through informally and in confidence to one of our Helpline advisors, you are more than welcome to call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 weekdays 9am – 6pm.

Best wishes

Chris

Helpline Advisor

• sunnyside2
    sunnyside2 Member Posts: 131
    Options

have you swabbed your throat or just your nose? I've heard a fair bit that swabbing only the nose is less accurate then doing throat