RA

ive been diagnosed with seropositive rheumatoid arthritis what’s seropositive.?

Comments

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 443

It means You have an above normal Rheumatoid Factor and / or Anti cyclic citrullinated protein count. The two combined confirm you have seropositive RA, ie, no debates. How high these numbers are indicate how bad its going to get.

My ones are off the upper limit of what the lab can measure, so not good.

• dean68
    dean68 Member Posts: 27

feels so harsh pain is constant tired beyond belief used to swear by a hot bath sort me out it did now i won’t have one in case i cannot get out .! thank you for the information i sort of understood probably the reason i seem to have multiple flares ups as i’m typing this in agony ive maxed out on pain killers and don’t know how to manage this pain any ideas at all ive hardly slept in 2 days and getting desperate .!!

• Cimca
    Cimca Member Posts: 33

Morning Dean, so sorry you are in so much pain. I have no earth shattering suggestions aside from the obvious, see your medical people but knowing you were awake, in pain and posting just wanted to reach out.

I'm going to make a drink and take some meds. I am fortunate to have OA so I can only imagine your circumstances. Like you hot baths used to help but having got stuck a couple of times no longer risk it. I had thought about a bath aid but the better ones are beyond my pocket. Given your circumstances is this something the LA, OTs might help with? Don't know how realistic that is but just a thought.

Take care and do seek help.

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 443

@dean68 I just woke up to apply cold gel packs to reduce the inflammation pain, which for me, gets worse with heat.

The one thing I found didn’t help was NSAIDs like ibuprofen paracetamol etc, they gave some very short term relief but a whole lot more problems after. You need to get in touch with your rheumy team to determine what might help you, maybe steroid injection and a change to your DMARD or dose regimen. What are you on?

• dean68
    dean68 Member Posts: 27

thank you cimca means a lot ..again no sleep up in pain cannot move my arm due to swelling i’ve maxed out on painkillers now trying distractions to no avail 2 years diagnosed and this is the worse i’ve ever experienced the pain is constant people say to me your getting used to it no way in a million years could anybody get used to this heat pads sound ok but the price of them is well out of my reach thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated.