Been a few years on this journey

roxcmonster
roxcmonster Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

New here, scared as always. I have been thinking about joining some kind of community with people who have the same condition (or similar)

Was meant to see my rheumatologist when I was 25, fell pregnant, so that got pushed back, and was officially diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when I was 26. My son's father left so was alone. Been 3 years and not much has changed since I was originally diagnosed in terms of my feelings. I don't trust my body, am scared to try anything, struggle with my son because he is boisterous and my body just can't handle it.

I have a boyfriend who is good with my son and he makes me really happy but I feel like he can't understand this pain and these emotions attached to this pain unless you have felt it.

I guess I am here because my depression is going through a dip and I am so frustrated by everything, not sure if it's my RA feelings that were pushed down like everything else or just my general existence which sucks balls.

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211

Hi @roxcmonster firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for a few years but never really had any help / treatment and having some struggles mentally and with your everyday tasks. Firstly let me say you are not alone and many in our community will have similar experiences and mental health and managing day to day are common with RA.

The site is full of information and I wanted to signpost you to some links as a starter. Firstly information on everything RA, then tips for managing normal tasks with arthritis and finally a link to mental health tips.

If you are struggling and need support our helpline is here for you.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you get some relief and answers soon.

Thanks

Joe

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi @roxcmonster ,

Welcome and wow sounds like you have a lot going on and you really need to speak to your gp to be referred to rheumatologist I understand the fear and trepidation you have although mine is osteoarthritis in most of my bones the first step is acceptance once you own it and not let it own you it’s onward and upwards.

You could take your partner with you for the consultation and maybe get some leaflets or ask him to google your condition unfortunately he can’t walk a mile in your shoes but education is understanding

be kind to yourself we don’t ask to be like this and yep it does make you feel depressed it’s a normal reaction

take care 💐😊